Melanie Mathos and Chad Norman presented at #SXSW. A couple highlights from their book 101 Social Media Tactics for Nonprofits
- Nonprofit membership to YouTube allows you at add annotations to videos and direct people to links that are outside of Google/YouTube sphere (no allowed to individual users).
- Add FourSquare check-in locations and details related to your programs or services. This is great for causes that have not headquarters or are range over a variety of locations. Consider the impact a land trust with many preserves.
- More causes are using Pinterest to link images to the organization’s website and blogs.
- Develop a social media dashboard using Google Analytics.
- Publish photo from your nonprofit under Flickr: Creative Commons to gain additional marketing reach.